Hindustan Media Ventures Limited (HMVL) is one of India’s leading print media companies with its distribution spread across Delhi-NCR, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Jharkhand. Incorporated in July 9, 1918 under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, the company is engaged in the printing and publishing of the flagship Hindi newspaper ‘Hindustan’, which is the second largest daily of India, based on total readership. It holds the leading position in Uttarakhand, Bihar and Jharkhand and ranks second in UP and Delhi. HMVL also publishes two Hindi magazines ‘Nandan’ and ‘Kadambini’. The equity shares of the company are listed on BSE and NSE, the market capitalization of the company on BSE is Rs 1,659 Crores.
India Education Services Private Limited (IESPL) incorporated in October 2011 is engaged in the business of providing all types of academic and non-academic services including providing all kinds of academic, technical, administrative, infrastructure and management support to students, corporate, universities, educational institutions and colleges.
Brief business details of both the Companies:
|Hindustan Media Ventures Limited (HMVL)
||India Education Services Private Limited (IESPL)
|Presently HMVL offer 4 brands they are:
1.Hindustan: It covers news across the entire spectrum of international, national and local news relating to politics, business, entertainment, sports and other general interests.
2.LiveHindustan.com: LiveHindustan.com is the recently launched Hindi News website, which promises far more than what Language sites are typically credited for.
3.Nandan: Nandan, HT Media’s monthly Children Magazine is more than 47 years old brand and it is extremely popular among children and their families in India and abroad.
4.Kadambini: A magazine for thought leaders giving them a fresh perspective on a variety of topics- literature, art, culture, health, technology, fashion, travel, beauty etc.
|There are 2 distinct business lines:
1.Business to Consumer Segment (B2C):
- This segment provides Higher Education Courses to the Retail Consumers
- It is basically engaged in providing relatively long term higher education services courses to students/professionals etc., that range from 3 months to 1 year.
- B2C segment is a local consumption driven business.
- This covers Studymate which is (high quality learning centers for classes IXth-XIIth in Delhi), in addition to the on-going initiatives such as HT Education (weekly education supplement) HT Campus (online platform for graduating high school and college students looking for higher education options) and HT Pace (initiative to bring the newspaper to schools).
2.Business to Business Segment (B2B):
- This segment provides Corporate Educational and Management training facilities to its corporate customers.
- B2B segment services a global product portfolio.
- This covers Bridge School of Management with two centres in Noida and Gurgaon, which has launched two new programs (a) 12-month Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) and (b) 8-month program in Predictive Business Analytics (PBA) in academic collaboration with Northwestern University School of Professional Studies. The programs have been well received by the students, as evidenced by good Net Promoter Score evaluation ratings on content, delivery and customer service.
Note: As per the financials as on 31st March 2016 of IESPL, the revenue from B2B business was 88% and B2C business was 12%
What is getting demerged to HMVL from IESPL? And why?
Please Subscribe to read the full article.